Effective Date: May 26, 2019
The General Data Protection Regulation
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and was designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens’ data privacy and to reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy. The GDPR aims primarily to give control back to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two basic types of information:
Also, if you choose to login to our site through a social networking site, you are granting us permission to access and use certain information about you as permitted by the social network. For example, if you use Facebook to log in, it may provide us with access to whatever information you choose to include in your public profile, such as friends’ names, pictures, genders, user Ids, connections, and any other shared content.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
(a) How We Use PII: We use your PII to interact with you on a personal level. For example, we use your name and email address to respond to your questions or comply with your requests (i.e., send you our newsletter or enter you into a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion), and to send you important information (such as changes to this policy or our Terms of Service) and to send promotional emails, some of which may contain product offers from third parties. You may opt-out of receiving non-account related emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email.
(b) How We Use General Information: We use the General Information we collect to obtain insights on how people use our Site. We use this information for various internal business purposes, and to ensure that our Site continues to appeal to our users.
3. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out when you receive our emails or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
4. HOW DO WE SHARE INFORMATION? We will share information with third parties in the following ways:
(a) We contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on our behalf, such data storage and analysis, hosting the website, sending email messages, monitoring website activity, sweepstakes administration, and promotional assistance. We necessarily have to share your PII with such third parties as may be required to perform their functions. As of the effective date of this policy, we share information with the following third party service providers:
(i) MailChimp, Microsoft, Google, NameCheap: Email services;
(ii) Gleam, Rafflecopter: Sweepstakes, and other promotional administration;
(iii) WP-Engine, Amazon AWS & Cloudflare: Hosting
Note that we may change or add other service providers at our discretion. We will only share as much of your information with these parties as may be required for them to perform their services.
(b) If requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose your PII to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
(c) In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information, including PII, is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. If all or substantially all of our business assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter into bankruptcy, customer information (including your PII), would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any assets may continue to be used according to your PII as set forth in this policy.
(d) We may reserve and have the right to disclose any information about you or your use of our site without your prior permission, if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to: (i) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company or its affiliates, other users of the site, or the public; or (ii) to enforce our Terms of Service.
5. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION? We use appropriate technical and organizational measures, including SSL encryption, to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful access, processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it to provide our Site, or in order to do their jobs. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you. In addition, we have no control over the security of other web sites on the Internet that you might visit even when a link may appear to those web sites site from our Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to log off and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP INFORMATION? We reserve the right to retain PII and General Information we collect from you for as long as we deem necessary to satisfy a business purpose. If you unsubscribe from our email list, we will delete your email address; however, unless you participated in sweepstakes or other promotion, in which case we will maintain the record as required by law.
7. HOW WE USE TRACKING TECHNOLOGY. We employ certain technologies, such as Google Analytics, Heap Analytics, Mixpanel, Hotjar, DoubleClick, and others provided by Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, AffiliateWindow, Apple, CommissionJunction, Fastly, Shareaholic, Rakuten, ShareASale and others, that enable us and third parties to track your online activities on our website over time, and to a certain extent across third-party websites. We offer no response to browser Do-Not-Track requests, but you can prevent certain online tracking applications (such as Google Analytics) from recognizing you on return visits to this Site by disabling cookies on your browser.
8. CHILDREN UNDER 13. Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features or register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].